Saturday 16 February 2013

A message from Frank Burns in New Zealand
 
 
Hi everyone,
I send this from the depths of S Island in NZ, after what has been a very eventful end-to-end ride. Only a few days from arriving in Bluff, I will then be going over to Australia to ride from Sydney to Melbourne......and hoping things have cooled down a bit.
The people of NZ have been magnificent, donating freely to the Children in Syria Appeal, offering me accommodation and feeding me. I've got used to the "drive-by donation" (people handing me money from their cars at 20mph!), people approaching me in cafes and at beauty spots, wanting to make a contribution.
It has been heartwarming, to say the least.
The most nerve-wracking incident happened the other day: my seat tube parted company with the bottom bracket! So glad I was riding a steel frame. Found a local welder who welded it back together, and a bike shop that sorted out all the kit. I hate to dwell on the consequences of what might have happened.......
You can follow the story at www.frankburns.WordPress.com
And if you would like to make a donation: www.justgiving.com/Frank-Burns1
See you up the road!
Frank
Sent from my HTC

No comments:

Post a Comment